Wednesday, February 12, 2014

All The Things

I've been away so long that I really want to update you on all the things.

Let me esplain...no that will take too long, let me sum up.

I've been doing other things instead of blogging.

There you have it.

And I have nothing of real great importance to share, but must it all be of great importance to warrant a few words or a picture? (I'm not promising a picture)

I've started to miss the practice of being forced to share in complete sentences, or nearly complete sentences, what's going on around here and what I've been up to. So here is my attempt to start once again sharing things.

Maybe not all the things, but some.

Visiting my home lately you wouldn't guess that I've been reading books, blogs and articles on minimalism, but I have. Not so much minimalism as in stark, sterile, own nothing, minimalism but rather an intentional owning and possessing of stuff. I've been clearing out corners and closets and cupboards all in the quest to not have stuff define my days. It's a process and I'm fully enjoying learning to use what I have and to get rid of what just takes up space. I've also been devising and constructing things to better make use of our home and the stuff we do want to keep around and store and use.

Erik jokes that "when we moved into our home it was completely finished and it hasn't been since."

I lovingly remind him that when we moved into our home we had one child and one on the way. We now have 5 and our house has not adapted to work with us.

We are in the process of catching our house up to speed.

This includes a garage addition with living space above. It includes the window seat and bookshelves that I alluded to just a few posts ago in blogland but which in reality was quite a few months. And that post, which was about our "new bed", is no longer accurate. I've been building again.

I may have been gone for awhile but I hope that somewhere "you" are waiting now to see what we have done, what we are doing and what, God willing, we plan for the future.

See you soon!

1 comment:

mama'g' said...

Its nice to have you back!