Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas Chandelier

I'm getting ready for Christmas.

I'm trying to be more creative this year.

I know, some of you are probably thinking, "more creative?! Yikes, how do you get more creative?!"

I'm branching out.

I'm playing electrician.

Okay, maybe not electrician but I've started playing with wiring lamps and lights and chandeliers.

I found this great chandelier a month ago or so at Cart'm for $8.
The plan was to take it apart and use my old light bar from my bathroom and make a new light bar with the pieces from both.
I succeeded to the point of taking them apart and putting them together into a funky looking light bar that I really liked. (sorry no picture)

The problem was that I couldn't figure out how to hang it on the wall. The old light bar used the fixtures on the front of the light bar to hold it with pressure against the back piece that was attached to the wall. That wasn't going to work this time.

So I gave up and bought a $40 light bar at Fred Meyer for my bathroom.

Not wanting to give up my $8 chandelier I decided yesterday to put it back together, decorate it will some beads from old jewelry and hang it in Hannah's bedroom for Christmas.

(You were wondering when I'd get back to Christmas weren't you?)

I saw a darling sparkly chandelier at Ikea a bit ago and immediately knew that Hannah would love it but didn't have the extra cash for it. She loves to watch Home Decorating shows with me and then designs her own bedroom, always with a sparkly, jewel be-draped chandelier.

Perfect.

So I put it all back together, and it works!
I'm really excited about that part.

I have yet to decorate it and hang it, but that's the plan.

Don't worry I will share pictures when I get to that part.

Please just don't mention it to Hannah, it's a surprise.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

you are so creative! I love that part of you!