Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Girls' Room

The girls' room is finally done. 
It's only been waiting on the lights in the canopies and the stairs to Hannah's bed. 
Okay, I probably should paint the stairs but I don't know when or if that will happen. 
I really love how it turned out and now the boys are whining that the girls' room is cooler. 
Um...boys...you have a loft bed, it's not cooler, it's just newer. 
 
I had to "custom" make the beds because the room is just inches shy of being large enough for this configuration. Hannah's bed (the higher one) hangs about an inch or so over the end and Marilyn has a foam mattress that squishes just enough to be narrow enough. 

The canopies are upside-down drawers that came out of a house that Erik is working on. I painted and stenciled them and the curtains are hung on ropes and hooks mounted inside. 
The lights are pendant light kits from Ikea and I picked up cord switches at my local hardware store. 
I am now bribing my girls with miniature tea-sets that I collected when I was younger; if they keep their room clean for a week they get to take their pick. 
I hope it works.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

looks great!

Debbie said...

Darling! And I love that the dragon painting goes with the Medieval bed feel. :-)