Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Black and Whites






I have this thing for "real" pictures. I love taking pictures and hearing the click and hearing the film wind when you're all done. I love taking the film to get it developed and the anticipation of wondering if any pictures will turn out. Sure I like my digital camera and the ability to cheaply take a multitude of pictures but there's just something about real film. About two years ago I bought an old Nikon on E-bay, turns out the auto focus on those has this problem of going out and Nikon will fix it for free if you send it in. I called Nikon and got everything ready to send in and what do you know, it's been sitting in my cupboard for a year and a half. The other day when I was cleaning out said cupboard I pulled it out and re-attached the lens and the strap and loaded a roll of black and white film and then sat and very patiently tried to focus manually while at the same time capturing my ever-active children. Friday I took the roll down to Fred Meyer and today I picked it up. I'm very pleased with some of the pictures. Here are a few of my favorites. My other favorites are on Facebook.

1 comment:

Macaroo42 said...

Love, love, love them!