Monday, March 26, 2012

Love My Kids

My kiddos made up for being adorable yesterday by being squirrel-y today.

I won't tell you about today.

But I will let you in on the adorable.

Yesterday morning I put Marilyn's new dress from Lynn and Kathie on her, she was standing on a chair. Clayton was eating his morning snack and looked up, "Marilyn, you look bee-you-ti-ful."
to which Marilyn replied, "It's my birthday dress. I want to give you a hug, 'cause you don't like kisses."
Clayton nodded his head, set down his orange and started wiping his hands on his pajama pants.
Marilyn cocked her head to the side and pulled one of her half smiles, "What are you doing?"
Clayton: "I don't want to get your dress dirty."
Marilyn hopped down and they gave each other a huge hug.

The adorableness was not limited to the younger two either:

I was singing at church so we were there for both services. Hannah and Ivan came upstairs for worship second service and were sitting in the back with a friend. In one of the songs the line was, "We stand and lift up our hands" and I looked back to see Hannah singing as loud as she could with one hand straight up in the air. Ivan was standing on the pew behind her and even though he had his arms crossed his mouth was open wide singing as loud as he could as well.

This momma's heart was pretty full.

Then there was today. They were, like I said, pretty squirrel-y today.
But it wasn't so bad; I figured it was coming.

No comments: