Saturday, February 16, 2008

What Did I Get Myself Into?

I don't know if I'm becoming more computer literate because I want to or because I've fallen victim to keeping up with the Joneses (or Griffiths and MacInnises etc.) But I've so enjoyed reading the thoughts that come out of the heads of my friends that I am hoping that someone out there might enjoy some of mine. Or at least tolerate them enough to read through them once to see what is happening in the Dante household. Most days my thoughts don't reach a level above what's for dinner but some days when my kiddos are being exceptionally curious I find times to think about interesting things. The other day on the swings Hannah said, "Look at me and Ivan, we are going high in the sky and we are going to fly and I'm going to be an angel and Ivan will be God." As much as I love her pretending... we had a talk about humans not becoming God. That's not a thought I want her ever to entertain. I explained that there is only one God and that He created everything and He created us, so because we are created we can never become a god or God. She looked at me with her head tilted to one side and asked, "So there is only one God?" And I said, "yes" and she said, "oh." and went back to swinging "way up high". Oh for precious moments of truth.
So on days of exceptional thought or on days of needing to vent you may find my ramblings. It might keep me from spending money on Craigslist.

1 comment:

Harkins said...

okay, so this is going to be so fun because you are my friend who cant "spill" your thoughts as quickly as some of our other friends or just me who sometimes talks too quickly...so sometimes you cant get a word in edgewise:)
anyhow, i am excited to hear your thoughts, and your first blog thoughts were great:) they made me smile!