Saturday, April 30, 2011

With

This morning the kids are cleaning their rooms and about 20 minutes ago Clayton came running from his room holding a blanket, "Momma, Momma! I thought this blanket was lost but I looked under the bed it isn't lost, it's with me now!"

It's funny when some little phrase catches you off guard. I fully expected him to say, "I found it! I found it!" but no, he said, "it's with me now!". And it set my mind to thinking.

In the parables of Jesus he talks of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost son (Luke 15) and there is rejoicing when these are found. But these things are not just found, they are now with the finder. With implies interaction.

Sometimes we find things just to put them on the shelf or to put them in the place they belong but when Jesus finds us (or we find him) we are found to be with him. We are not found to just know where we are...we are to be with him now. In his arms, being carried by him, interacting WITH Him.

It's a small little word but it made a huge difference in my outlook this morning.

No comments: