Monday, June 15, 2009

Front Porch

This year I've actually started using my front porch. I even knitted a shawl for the intent purpose of wrapping up in it when I sit on my front porch. In the past I've purchased chairs from Cart'M and they've already been in the process of falling apart so they didn't last long on the front porch, outside in the weather. But this time I've been dreaming of a bench, a really cool one with a cushion. So back I went to Cart'M. I found an awesome full-size headboard and built a bench onto it. I finished it today. I even had leftover fabric from the kid's curtains and left over "stuffing" from a chair re-upholstery project. I think the most expensive part was the spray paint. I love spray paint.

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

wow, i thinkim gonna steal your idea! this one is your best yet!!!

B said...

I LOVE how it turned out! You are so creative..... I never would have thought of using a headboard but the results are amazing!

Macaroo42 said...

I love that you love spray paint.