Saturday, October 25, 2008

Free-Weekend!

This morning starts my full free day of this weekend. Erik took all the kiddos to his parent's house this weekend. They left yesterday afternoon so I got to shopping all by myself and out to dinner too. I've been looking at my list of things that I've been wanting to do without any kids around and I can't decide where to start. So I started here. Drinking a cup of coffee, peacefully, and setting down a few random and probably unimportant in the grand scheme of life thoughts. My plans, though they are not thrilling, are somewhat as follows: I would love to get the living room clean and rearranged, I have to clean the church (no skipping this one) and I would love to get started on the kids halloween costumes. I got all the fabric yesterday at JoAnn's and I'm excited to start on them. Hannah wants to be a fairy and Ivan wants to be a lion. Oh and I want to get the shelves up on the wall above my sink in the kitchen.
It was wonderful to sleep in this morning and get up without the usual mommy wake up call from Hannah.
I think now I'll get to working...my coffee is almost gone.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

glad to hear you are taking some time to recenter and rearange!! hape you enjoy every bit of it !!

Macaroo42 said...

So, how did the rest of it go?