Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You're Not Old Enough...

I remember this one time before Erik and I got married I was in Center Diamond (the fabric store in Cannon Beach) and there was a woman in there with three little kids hanging around her legs. She left as I was waiting at the counter to get some fabric cut and the lady behind the counter mentioned the woman with the kids was "only 25 and has three kids under the age of 5!" I think at the time my response was something like "wow." And it wasn't the good sort of "wow". I was remembering that this morning as I realized I am 25 and have three children under the age of 5 and when number four makes it's appearance in March I will still be 25...so I will have 4 children under the age of 5. I laughed. My ideas and opinions have definitely changed in the last 6 years, but for the better, I must add.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

Greg and I were talking about where we are in life compared to other people our age. We are married and have three kids, while most of our aquantiances around us abhor the thought of getting married so 'young' let alone having kids. to each his own. We both think its gonna be funny when we are in our 40's cruizing to barbatos and they will be stuck at home with thier gradeschoolers. We were just ready to embrace our future before most.

Macaroo42 said...

I'm embracing the future but it doesn't seem to notice. :-) Happy thoughts, Em. I love them.