Monday, May 4, 2009

Friendly Neighbors

For those of you that don't know, our new associate Pastor and his wife bought the house next door to ours. My children are thrilled, so much so that Sunday morning when Erik and I woke up and asked where Ivan was (our children get up before us and sometimes reek havoc before we catch them) Hannah replied that he was "going to Pastor John and his wife Karen's* house". Sure enough Erik found him in our driveway heading that direction in his pajamas and rubber boots. We had to explain that he does not get to go there whenever he wants and that Pastor John and his wife Karen do not live there yet because they are doing some work on the house before they move in. I have a feeling that this is not the last time that I will find my children heading that way on a whim, especially when they finally move in.

*My children refer to Karen as "his wife Karen" or "wife Karen" or "Pastor John's wife Karen" but never without a modifier.

2 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

LOL! That is toooo funny and sooo cute!

Mindy said...

Ahahaha!! That is amazing. Ivan would.