Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I know, I know. I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Okay, just a day late, I don't know where the dollar comes in.

But better late than never.

I am very blessed. I have a wonderful husband who is an amazing father to our four kids :

And I have an amazing dad :
And I am blessed with an equally amazing father-in-law.


But I have realized one thing. I need to take more pictures of each of them. I really had to dig to find these pictures. My children and I are lucky indeed in how God has blessed us. I pray that my sons will grow into men of God like their dad and their Grandpas.

This year the kids and I put our heads together to get Erik a very special Father's day gift.

We got him a tie.

I know what you're thinking, "A tie?! You call that a special Father's day gift? Isn't that what all the comic strips portray as the obligatory gift that no one ever wants or wears anymore?"
But you see,my kids like dressing up for church and have special clothes that are specifically for church and Ivan has a tie. Hannah is always asking if she can pick out Erik's church clothes and really wants him to wear a tie sometimes but since Erik is the proud owner of only two ties (both of which are printed with loony tunes characters) it happens only rarely. And Erik, like I said, is an amazing father and is willing to put up with most of our crazy ideas and wear a tie for his daughter, so we bought him a plain black tie. He wore it to church yesterday and looked very handsome. Sadly I did not get a picture. Maybe next time.

No comments: