Friday, July 9, 2010

Bok Choy Beauty

We've really been enjoying Bok Choy lately. It's a wonderfully yummy Chinese cabbage for those of you that don't eat it regularly. I mostly use it in salads and stir fry. Usually I just pull a couple stalks off and cut them up but last night I didn't have many veggies to add to the stir fry so I figured I'd just use a lot of Bok Choy. I grabbed the whole head (?) and cut off the entire end at once. And then I stopped and looked at it. It was really pretty. I set it on the shelf and let it dry till after dinner. Once the kids where in bed I pulled out my paints and used the Bok Choy end as a stamp.

Today I made cards.
Erik laughed at me but he still had to admit that it was pretty darn cool looking.

7 comments:

B said...

I have considered doing that many times (celery appears to have poss. too) but have never actually gotten farther than the "Oooh, I should...." phase ;o)

B said...

They are very nice BTW :o) Meant to write that in my other comment and spaced it :oP

Anonymous said...

Youare an amazingly artistic person. The cards are loverly...... my fair lady style!! Nana

"Everything that we need to lead an overcoming life flows to us from Him" said...

Those are super cool.

Macaroo42 said...

Can I have one? ☺

w.v. coprione. Obviously Italian.

Debbie said...

Very cool. As usual. :-)

Chelsea said...

great idea. I love this and when we're resettled Lucy and I are going to try it.