Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Things, They are Getting Done

But not by me.

Well, I am doing things but not these things.

Namely cleaning my house and re-upholstering my dining room chairs. Those are all getting done thanks to my wonderful mother.

I inherited a set of table and chairs from my Grandma Dorothy and I love them but the upholstered seats were quite worn and with four kids sitting on them for three meals a day plus random times during the day they've gotten even more worn. I've been meaning to re-do them in oilcloth since I got them; alas it has not been high on the priority list.

But this week my mom is here and she's awesome. Not only do we get to stay up late talking but my house is always cleaner when she leaves and this time she also offered to not only buy the oilcloth for me but recover my dining room chairs also.

So yesterday we took all four kids to Creative Fabrics in Wheeler and picked out the oilcloth.

It's quite bright but I love it and it goes well with my green walls and the orange walls of the laundry room that are sometimes visible when the door is open.

So my chairs that once looked like this:

Have received a make-over and now look like this (and the oilcloth is so easy to clean off!):
Did I mention my mom is awesome?

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your mom is awesome! Those chairs are wonderful- what a great idea to use oilcloth for easy wiping.
How's VBS going??

Candice Parisi said...

I agree, I have met her and she's pretty awesome. I think that goes with any Horr you meet. :)