Sunday, March 2, 2008

Overwhelmed

James 5:13-15a
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is any one happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.

Clayton's rash has sent me to tears more times than I want to admit. The Naturopathic Doctor (ND) thinks it might be a food allergy so I am on a gluten/dairy/nut free and mostly sugar free diet. I'm eating a lot of veggies, fruits and brown rice products. (For those of you asking at this moment.."Then what do you eat?!") The plan is to follow this diet for two weeks and see if the rash improves. If it does I can start adding foods back in one at a time. If it doesn't, I go back to the ND and we take away more of what I am eating and the topical things we are trying on his rash. So far I haven't seen any improvement in Clayton's rash and in fact it looks worse. And I was reminded the other day of James 5:13-15 and wondered...why have I not obeyed sooner? I have been praying almost constantly for my little boy, my mother's heart breaks every time I see him scratching at his face or legs and wondering what it is that I am eating, and not having any answers. Tonight we had the elders of our church pray over Clayton and it was very encouraging. I still don't have any answers but I'm waiting.

1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

My heart breaks for you em. Its never easy to see your baby suffer. We had to take Daisy to the emergancy room a cupple months ago. It makes me feel so small, and helpless. We will be praying that God will guide you and those that help clayton to the answer.