Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I haven't made any new year's resolutions yet this year, only because I have an ongoing list of things that I would like to get done in the near future. I just don't think they would get done any faster if I put a time limit on them. I will share the main ones on my list though. Mostly they are projects, though maybe you could call some of them personal goals also.
I would like to:
re-paint the kiddos room (they've already chosen a color)
re-paint my room (I think I've chosen a color...)
move the rest of my rock from the driveway to it's permanent resting place
stay on top of my dishes and laundry for the most part (this might go under personal goals because it requires me to be a little more organized and motivated to do this)
spend more time playing with my kiddos and less time with them in front of a movie ( I've been trying to limit the number of movies we watch each week but that rest time is really nice when Hannah won't take a nap and Ivan doesn't take them regularly anymore. )

Those are the ones on my mind right now even though I have a million unfinished projects and a million more dying to be on the list. Sometimes I add projects that are almost done to my list just so I can have something on my list crossed off.
It's a new year but somehow it still feels just the same, just another day in another week, that's part of a month, etc. etc. I look forward more to the changing of the seasons and the weather and momentous occasions (like a baby being born...only 10 or so weeks to go!) than I do the changing of one year to the next.
I will say though that I enjoyed hanging up a new calendar and actually looked forward to it wondering what will be written in all the tiny squares. So Happy New Year after all.

1 comment:

Macaroo42 said...

Love those last few paragraphs, Em. Amen. Am looking forward to seeing you soon! 10 weeks or so. :-)