Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Garden Gate



This year I have a gate for my garden. I'm sort of proud of it. I built it entirely out of stuff we had lying around the shed and backyard. Well, okay, I had to buy hinges. I pulled apart a wood pallet we had lying around and I used extra 2 x 2s. Even the posts are recycled from our gazebo we tore apart a weekend ago or so. Eventually Erik and the kids are suppose to build birdhouses to sit atop the uneven posts and I will reattach the garden sign to the trees. The hammock is hung in the garden and only a few of the 2 x 4 frames for the garden beds are set but Hannah and Ivan helped me start some seeds inside today. Oh and we also have a few trellises to build for the pole beans/peas. But my garden is coming together and it's coming together earlier than usual. I'm really, really excited.

2 comments:

Macaroo42 said...

Love it. So you, so cool, so thrifty!

Candice Parisi said...

I love the gate but I have to say the sign is my favorite. :) It's just too adorable.