Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Support of Sorts


Don't tell my carpenter husband that his wife was cutting cedar boards braced on adirondack chairs in the front yard with a handsaw having marked them with an Omni-grid plexi-glass quilting ruler. Or yet, do tell him, maybe I'll get my own tools out of it!
Yesterday I "prepared" all the pieces of the bean and pea trellises for the garden and when Erik came home from work I shamelessly coaxed him into putting them together for me. These are based off pictures of the trellis my dad made for my mom last year. I know I've mentioned the trellises before but it's hard to contain my excitement. This is the first year that the trellises are up before the vegetables that are suppose to be climbing them. Usually it's a last minute "Uh-oh, the beans and peas are falling over! What do I have that they can lean against?!" but not this year. Oh no, not this year.
The boys came out to "help" this morning and spent most of their time swinging in the hammock.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love it, Em! Our peas are starting to pop up now. Earliest ever! Blessings on your garden, and your sweet family.

Mama Griffith, said...

wow that looks FANTASTIC...okay I have to admit somthing to you, I dont want you to move..dont worry I will let you and be happy for you,..we will just miss you being down the street.

"Everything that we need to lead an overcoming life flows to us from Him" said...

Those are great. You'll have to take a progress pic after they start climbing.